Issy Carey, Jessica Keighley, Conor Kent and Joshua Jackson all had the privilege of being “Principals for the day” at Peak School today (Monday 4 June). They were given this opportunity by winning the best dressed at the recent PTA Danceathon.
I was extremely impressed with how they coped with the many challenges and how they interacted with the children from all year groups.
An outline of their day
– Run assembly including; reading out the Golden Book recipients, hand out the TOM Cup and a medal and introducing Year 6 Exhibition groups wanting to present to the school
– Read to the Year 1, 2 and 4 classes
– Visit classes to talk to the children about what work they have been doing
– Meet with a PE T Shirt company representative to “grill him” about his product
– Complete duty before school, during break and lunchtime
– Discuss the benefits of the many astro turf samples I have in my office for the upper playground (we are looking to replace it in December)
– They even found time to complete 2 x 45 min sessions in their classrooms as students!
They had a very productive day and some of the quotes from the four “principals” that I would like to share include;
“I enjoyed the power”
“It is a lot harder than it looks”
“I really enjoyed seeing what the other classes are working on”
“It is hard work looking after a large group of children”
“I was shaking at the start but I got more comfortable during the day”
“It was great to be part of such an important decision” (PE T Shirts)
“It was hard to read the teacher’s writing in the Golden Book!”
“The young children came up and hugged me, they don’t normally but they did today”
“I felt very sophisticated”