KEEPING UP WITH TECHNOLOGY

I remember buying my first desktop computer in about 1995.  I seem to recall it had a massive 540mb hard drive and after about a year I upgraded to a 2.1gig hard drive thinking that I will never be able to fill that.

Since then technology has changed at an amazing rate to the point now where our children are able to advise adults on which iPad would suit their needs best!

The below article was published earlier in Jan, 2013 highlighting the latest development in the computer world.  Apparently within the next year or two we can expect to see laptops on the market that are the same thickness as paper.  Refer to the below article for more details but the idea of being able to fold up your laptop and put it in your pocket seems a bit odd to me!

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/paper-thin-laptop-future-article-1.1235074

It is probably only a matter of time before this type of technology is seen in schools.

It is hard to imagine the types of technology our current children will be using when they are our age.