GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE – INTERNATIONAL MINDEDNESS

Screen Shot 2013-05-22 at 4.30.45 PM

One of the terms used by all PYP schools is “International Mindedness”.  At a recent CPD day the staff focused on what this means for Peak School.  We will shortly come up with a definition and share this with our community to ensure a shared understanding.

I read with interest an article on the daily mail about a “global social attitudes study”.  It would appear that Hong Kong is not the most tolerant country to live in. According to the study Hong Kong is one of the least tolerant places to live as 71.8 per cent of the population would refuse to live next to someone of a different race.

There was a suggestion that some countries were more honest than others in terms of their responses and that some countries gave what they knew is the “correct answer”.
Regardless of what you think of the results or how much value you place on the study, it is our responsible as a Peak School community to ensure our children are tolerant of each other and appreciate that everyone has different perspectives based on their experiences.  This is a real strength of the school and something that we want to foster to ensure it remains strong.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325502/Map-shows-worlds-racist-countries-answers-surprise-you.html#ixzz2U0bTlpIX

Disclaimer – I take no responsibility for the quality of the comments that others have left on the Daily Mail web link above, nor do I endorse, condone or agree with the comments that have been made.  They simply reflect the feelings of individuals that have made them and do not reflect my views in anyway.