UPPER PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT UPDATE

The climbing diamond or climbing frame on the upper playground is coming to the end of its life!  It is the climbing frame to the left as you walk up the main set of stairs (the one by the climbing wall and left of the netball court).  We are looking to replace it with brand new playground equipment and the student council will play a big part in what the the new equipment will look like.

As you can imagine the equipment is not cheap and some question whether it is laced with gold when I mention approximately how much a replacement is likely to cost!  We are tentatively looking at around $750,000 to replace the climbing frame and the safety matting at the same time.  I am looking at a range of climbing and playground equipment and I am looking forward to hearing the ideas of the children.

We hope to have the playground equipment replaced by the end of the year and sooner if at all possible.  The PTA have kindly agreed to help fund the project by partially funding the new safety matting and the School Council Finance committee have set funds aside in previous years to allow for the new project.

You can help by donating prizes to the Silent Auction and/or bidding on the prizes available.  Also, if any of our parents have any contacts in the ‘playground equipment business’ I would love to hear from you.