MOTHER TONGUE LANGUAGE LESSONS

Earlier this year I asked for an expression of interest in terms of whether or not there was enough interest to offer French Mother Tongue lessons.   The good news is that there was enough interest.  The even better news is that we have found a tutor who is available straight after school (3.15pm) on Monday.  We can start as soon as we confirm more than 4 children which should not be difficult based on the level of interest we had.

Can I ask those parents who expressed a genuine interest in their child or children to be part of the French Mother Tongue lessons to reconfirm their commitment by emailing me as soon as possible.  As mentioned above as soon as we have more than 5 children sign up we will begin the sessions.  I am hoping we can start the sessions as early as November 16 (once all the camps have finished).  The sessions will run for the rest of the year assuming the numbers remain strong.  The cost will be $165HK per session for each hour (per week) and a one-off $200HK administration fee per term.  None of the finances are held by the school and the school receives no money for hosting the sessions as it is all organised through the Languages team at ESF Centre.

HINDI

We also had a number of parents ask about the possibility of the school offering/organising Hindi lessons.  I now have a contact of a lady who is currently offering Hindi at Glenealy School and I will contact her to see if she is both willing and able to offer Hindi lessons at Peak School.  If she is able to, I will be asking those parents who showed initial interest to reconfirm their interest by signing up.  It is likely that the Hindi lessons will start either in December or more likely the start of Term 2 assuming we can arrange someone.