PEAK SCHOOL COUNCIL – PARENT REPRESENTATIVE UPDATE

I am delighted to announce that Robert Ramsey has joined the School Council at Peak School as our parent representative.  Robert was the only candidate so there was no need for an election meaning that Robert joins our School Council effective immediately.

Robert replaces Rainbow Ko who served for six years on our School Council.  As previously mentioned Rainbow was a very active member serving as School Council member and on our School Council Finance Committee for the last 5 years as well.  Her support and commitment was very much appreciated and again I want to take this opportunity thank her for this on behalf of the school community.

Robert Guy Ramsay

Here is the candidate statement written by Robert that I thought I would share with you all as it gives a nice profile of Robert –

If elected to Council, I would :

1. Speak up for all Peak students, whatever their subject or sporting passions. Our school gets ever stronger as it helps each child find “their wow!”

2. Always turn up and be positive. Count on me to attend meetings, read briefs, understand school ambitions, connect with student and parent views etc. – while staying firmly on the side of our excellent teachers and support staff.

3. Share experiences between Peak and South Island school (SIS), the neighbouring ESF senior school. SIS appointed me to their Council and to chair their “Learning & Personal Development” committee (from 2011). SIS exam results are impressive, world beating stuff, but their most impressive accomplishment is mentoring students to make a difference for others before themselves, to look beyond exams.  I would seek the right moments to share this spirit between the schools.

Our family is Rosalina, my wife, a daughter in Year 3 (Catriona in 3D) and a son in ESFHillside Kindergarten (Robert in K2).

My own schooling was in Kuwait and England before home to Scotland for university. I have lived in wonderful Hong Kong for nearly three decades.

My contacts are robertguyramsay@hotmail.com or 9683 1967

Robert joins a strong School Council who is made up of the following members – 

Duncan Pescod – School Council Chair

Brian Schroeder – PTA Representative (PTA Chair)

Robert Ramsay – Parent Representative

Jonathan Fewtrell – Community Representative

Peter Cunich – Community Representative

David Kirby – ESF Representative

Annette Ainsworth – Staff Representative

Mrittika Munchi – Support Staff Representative

Craig Hollingsworth – Staff Representative

Bill Garnett – Principal